Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Week 1

Hey everyone,

Sorry I forgot to tell you that my p-day is on Wednesday's thats my bad. Dad please tell the Finney's thank you from me for the awesome package that they gave to me.

Any ways the MTC is great! I'm having so much fun and loving everything but at the same time I am so ready to get out of here and just actually start doing some real work. Yes, the MTC is great. The food here is great! I have gained like 3 pounds so I'm now over 150 pounds. My district is sooooo fun! We work hard too. I already love them so much.

My companions name is Elder Anderson. He is from Missouri. He is a great guy. We are nothing a-like but we work well together and we like each other. That is all I can ask for. I love learning from Preach My Gospel. I have seriously been reading that book all day everyday. I have learned so much from it. Of course I am reading from the scriptures too. I have written in my journal every night. Quick story about Elder Dove. He is in my district. He is this huge kid from London. He is so ripped. We get along so well. He played for the Arsenal reserve team and was training with people like Van Persie. Then he blew out his knee. That was it. He also played for the U19 England world cup team.. As you can see he is so cool. The rest of my district is also great. Elder Labuschagne from England is the most funniest guy you will ever meet. He is like crazy sometimes. Elder Egen from Germany is the funnest guy ever. Elder Monroe form Scipo, Utah is a hick lol. Elder Thompson from Bountiful, Utah is super tall and nice. Elder Tutia from AZ is a cool guy too. We have two sisters as well. Sister Truman and Sister Metcalf. They too are both great. 8 people in our district super fun which makes the MTC a great place to train. 6 to a room. It has rained here everyday but once. It is so nice here. I love the cold way more than the hot. Mom I wish I had one short sleeved shirt. We get to go to the temple today! I have done my wash and it was actually easy! Other than that I am learning a ton and am having fun doing it. I have some crazy stories I will have to share with you in two years. 

Are you kidding me... BYU lost! Why cant we ever win?

I will share one spiritual experience This week on Monday me and elder Anderson really prayed hard to plan a great lesson. We wanted to make it simple and powerful and after our personal study we shared our thoughts. Our lesson just came together and it flowed and we were so excited to teach. When we got in to teach our investigator well he would not shut-up then he said he had to leave so we didn't even get to teach. I felt good though because we really put so much effort into our lesson and I was super excited to teach. I can't wait for that opportunity in the field. I'm sure I will suck at teaching But I want to be a good teacher.

I love you guys and miss you guys a ton. I have felt the spirit so much here and have had so many experiences to know that this is where I am supposed to be. I am grateful for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Without him I can't do anything as a missionary. I am loving being a missionary. It is really is hard work and you could tell from day one. I love it!

Elder Gowans



No comments:

Post a Comment