Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 7

Hey family and friends!

This week was one to remember. So many good things and also a few bad. But that is mission life. To start off I am doing great. I've lost all the weight I put on at the MTC. I am currently 156 lbs.

Transfers are also this next week. Sunday. I hope I stay here with Elder Yang in Dundee. Thank you Bailey, Mom, and Dad for your letters that your wrote me. It means a lot to me.

My week:
Monday: Monday was a good day. We were able to do all the usual things on a p-day but Elder Charlesworth, Elder Yang and I were able to go play some footy and American football at a field not too far from our flat. It was so fun! The grass was wet so we were slipping all over the place. So much fun. We then had tea and after that went and taught D*** and C**** and S**.

Tuesday: Awesome day. We had zone meeting. This was great day because President Donaldson came and talked to the Dundee zone. We read from Ether about the brother of Jared and Jared. President Donalson is a very wise and powerful speaker. He told us the goal for the Dundee zone in the coming month. We are to baptize 20 this month. I can't really describe what went on other than that the spirit was strong. We also did a lot of GQ.

Wednesday: Alright day. We had 6 lessons booked for the day but only 2 happened. All of the others fell through. We did have 2 tea appointments!! We have Elder Charlesworth with us so we have a lot of tea appointments in both Dundee wards.

Thursday: Another day we had 6 lessons and only two happened. We were able to teach S**** and R***. This was the best night of the week I'll explain later. We also had a tea appointment with Brother Thompson in our ward. He collects Nike, Adidas, Jordan, and Trainers all the way back from the 70's. He has a closet just full of shoes. I thought I was in the Celestial Kingdom! Our new ward Bishopric was called right as I arrived here. They are so amazing! our Bishop, Bishop Grant, is like 32 years old. We get on really well. We were able to teach with him last night. It was great!

Friday: We taught some lessons. Had a lunch appointment and one tea appointment. We taught a Chinese man, M***, who is a recent convert. He is my absolute favourite. He calls me "Baby" because I am only 18 years old. I love him.

Saturday: Great day! We were able to witness another a baptism. Colleen =) It was so good. We went to Nandos after the baptism. Nandos is a local restaurant. After that we were scheduled to teach some lessons that ended up not showing.. We were also to teach R*** again! This was the best part of the week. We taught a man by the nam of E*****, who I have never talked about, but will later.

Sunday: Worst day of the week, I'm sorry but it was. Sunday we were fasting for a lot of things. We woke up and received a text from S**. He texted us saying he couldn't come to church. I was scheduled to confirm him. This isin't like S**. I can't explain why he didn't come to church. We taught and GQ after that.

On to our investigators.

R*** hasn't been to excited about his baptism on the 5th. We met with him on Thursday. We taught a great lesson on Family History and Service. R*** has been taught everything. The spirit was so strong. He told us afterwards that he was so excited to be baptized!!! Ah SO GOOD. He is scheudled to be baptized on the 12th. I hope I am still here for that. He was at church yesterday.

D*** and C**** are also doing good. We were not able to meet with therm for a long time. We are taking it slow and hoping they have the same desire as they did before to get baptized. We are still meeting with them.

S*** came to church again. 4 weeks in a row! He was supposed to be baptized on the 5th but we have pushed that back to the 19th. He feels he needs more time =) which is good.

C***** has been very busy with UNI this week. He is still doing good. We will meet with him more after his exams.

E***** is from Germany. He moved to Scotland a long time ago. He originally was catholic but converted to Islamic like a year ago. He is now scheduled to be baptized on the 5th. He is so awesome. He lives in Arbroath but works and goes to UNI in Dundee. The only problem with E***** is that he struggles to come to church because of his work. He wants to get baptized in our ward because he likes it better here. He has talked to the Stake President and Bishop and as it looks like right now he will be baptized next week.

Thank you for all the prayers and e-mails. Oh and Happy Halloween! I have the rest of the day off now! We can't be in the streets on Halloween past 6:00. The past two nights have been crazy here. People love to spit alcohol on us lol. I'ts all good.

Much love - Elder Gowans



No comments:

Post a Comment