Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 10

Hello family and friends!

This week was a good week! There was not much that happened but a lot of teaching and a lot of finding. Just to let you all know it is like -2 degrees here in Dundee. The highest it gets now is like 3. It has snowed a little... The picture does not show actually how much there actually is! I wear so many layers here because it is so cold. Honestly it is so unreal here. You walk outside and you feel as if you are an icicle.

This week we had a Zone Interviews and training. We were trained by our President and the APs! I learned so much and realized that as a missionary you can always learn and do so much more. We can always improve. Yesterday we had Stake Conference and it too was also very good. Sister and President Donaldson both spoke to us. A General Authority also spoke, Elder Phillips. it was so good! I was also able to go on exchanges again this past week with our zone leaders. I went with Elder Calton. He is such a stud missionary. He teaches me a lot and so that was also great.

This week was disappointing when it came to new investigators to teach. We had 9 new people who we were supposed to meet with throughout this week and everyone fell through... 0 for 9 qualified. That sucks. But we were still able to teach all of our progressing investigators. So that was good.

We were able to get C*****, D*** and C**** to church yesterday. And we are still working with S*** and F*****. As of right now, we just need to build faith with all of them.

One of the best parts of this past week was when the city of Dundee turned on all the city's Christmas lights! They placed a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the city centre. It is so pretty! They had a fair and fireworks show so that was really fun to watch. Everyone was so happy and when I would talk to people they would actually talk back to me! No swearing or people spitting on me! 

We are hoping to get a lot of people with dates this week! I see so much potential in everybody that we meet! I hope they will have a softened heart when they come to be taught by the Holy Ghost. I feel I am really growing as a person. I feel like I can always change to be better as long as I build my foundation which is centered on Christ. Then I cannot fail.

I want to end by saying how much I miss you all of you. I did not realize how important you all were until I have actually been away from home. I want you all know that I love you and think and pray for you often. I'm grateful for everything in my life. I know that I would not be who I am today without all of you.

I want you to know that I know that our Saviour Jesus Christ, is actually the Saviour of the whole world. I would ask all of you to take a look at your life and see how truly blessed you are. I see people everyday with no home, no food, and no family. They have no-one who truly loves them. Look at your family members you are with today and cherish every moment with them. They will always be there for you. They will always love you no matter what.

This is my simple testimony and prayer. Be grateful for what we have. Try to look outward not inwards.


I LOVE YOU ALL and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment