Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 12

How are you all doing? Just to let you all know I am doing good and enjoying these cold cold days here in Dundee. This week has been a good week not much has changed but still always trying to find and always trying to teach more.

This past week on Monday some of the missionaries in our zone all went to St. Andrews. Yep that's right we got to go to the old course and go out on the range and have some fun hitting golf balls. We had such a good time! I'm not half that bad!

Tuesday was just your regular day of missionary work. But later that night we were able to have a late Thanksgiving dinner with the young women in our ward! It was so good! I really enjoyed it.

Wednesday was awesome! We were blessed to be able to go out of our area and go witness Eamonn's baptism!! It was all the way up North in Montrose. I was able go through Arbroath where the Gowans ancestors are from! I have been teaching Eamonn since the day I got here in Scotland. Due to where he lives we were not able to baptize him in Dundee. But we were able to go be the witnesses and were blessed to confirm him a member of the church and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost! What a special day. Our Bishop, Bishop Grant, drove us. We get on really well. He is a young Bishop. He is 35 years old. He is so awesome. I can't wait to come back here to Dundee at some point and see him again.

Saturday was a good and rough day. We had 4 lessons planned and once again they all fell through. So we ended up finding for the rest of the day and night. This was the first time I have had to do this on my mission. It was very tiring but just as good as well.

Sunday is always a good day. I love going to church and being able to recharge spiritually for the coming week. There is something about church I have grown to love. I love singing the hymns now. I love actually paying attention in all of our classes and meetings.

This week should be a good week. Tuesday we are going on exchanges to St. Andrews again. I will be chapping doors for the first time! I'm actually so excited! But just to let you know I am sending you guys a Christmas package. I know that dad will be mad at me because I am supposed to save money. But this is what I need to do for you. My family. I hope you will all appreciate the presents. This will probably be the only time I ever do this. So don't worry or be mad.

I love you all so much! I have been reading in the Book of Mormon in my studies every morning and I am in Alma 40. The book of Alma is full of gold. This morning I was reading where Alma is telling his sons that they are called of God to preach to the Zoramites. Recently I have been pondering if I am a good missionary. I wonder if I am good enough in the sight of God. I wonder sometimes why I am here. Then this verse hit me hard and the Spirit testified to me that I am called by god here in Scotland to preach and teach and call upon people to repentance. I have been very bold with our investigators. Elder Donavon tells me that when I say bold things the spirit is strong. Even though half the time I do not know what I am saying. The spirit is working through me and into the hearts of our people.

I am very excited for the upcoming weeks. Transfer calls are in a week. I don't think I will be moving. I love Dundee! It is really easy for me to say that to you. I truly love this place! I love the smells! I love the city! I love the people I teach! I love the routes we take to get to the city! I love looking out over the city every morning! I love being able to just talk to people! I love going to visit members! I love buying Scottish things that remind me of this place! The present I got for you is important to me. I hope it will be just as important to you. I am buying presents so you all know how much I love you and how much I love Scotland. I want you to know that I honestly love this place. I don't ever want to be moved. I love our recent converts.

Ross says we will be friends forever. Dad, when we come back we need to visit him. Me you and him will have to go and watch a Dundee football game. He told me I need to be a Dundee fan! I am officially a Dundee fan now. I am not a Ranger or a Celtic. I am Dundee! It’s just like you and Man City. It's me and Dundee.

I am trying to keep the best journal I can. I love my journal. I read a passage every morning.

I love this time of year and that happiness I feel. I try to share that with the people. Lastly when I teach I imagine myself as Amulek. He always is bearing testimony of what he knows and then Alma expounds. This is like me and my comps. I am here bearing testimony of what I know. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me. I know He cares for me no matter what I do. Sometimes I feel ashamed to call myself an Elder but then I know I can use the Atonement and continue to try. I am trying to shape my life here on my mission. I have already grown so much. I am trying to improve every day. There is a scripture in Alma I read the other day about improving to the end. I loved it!


I love you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment