Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 17

This week was a great week! I love missionary work! It truly is so fun and so rewarding. I'll get right into it.

Friday was a sweet day. We went on exchanges with our new District Leader Elder Butler. We went to Kirkcaldy! This is just a wee town between the Burg and Dundee. We spent the entire day there. I was with an Elder from Canada, Elder Nelson. We get along so well. He loves to hunt and fish. He lived in a town called Mountain View. Supposedly it's in the middle of nowhere. We became such good friends. We spent the entire day chapping! It was my first time doing this for an entire day. I freaking loved it. I know that contacting in the city center is way more efficient but I thought this was fun. We did not get in any doors but it was a blast. Elder Nelson looks exactly like Ryde Casper. The weirdest part is that his first name is Ryder!! MENTAL I KNOW. The picture I sent you  shows me with no food and only 1 hour of sleep. Elder Nelson had no-where for me to sleep last night. I ended up sleeping on the smallest couch I swear has ever been made. It was not comfy. Elder Nelson is a transfer behind me so it was weird for me being the old one. He has already invited me up to Canada after our missions to go hunt some bears, moose and then chill at his cabin. What a good guy.

Saturday was also a good day. We took the train back into the best place in the mission, Dundee baby. It was sooooo cool. The fog in the city was unreal. It was the first time I had seen it like that. I could literally only see 5 feet in front of me. It was so thick. I could actually look at what looked like the sun and see the sphere of it without going blind. I sent two pics, one with the fog and one without fog. I took it from our flat's window. Crazy.

Sunday was the best day of the week. In my personal study I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I said a wee prayer to God asking him to give me another witness of the truthfulness of this book. Later on, in fast and testimony meeting, I was sitting back, relaxing, and listening. After the third testimony from the pulpit I realized all three had been about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and the Restoration. It ended up for the day 12/17 testimonies were in some way about the Book of Mormon. Every time the spirit spoke to me as I was sitting there closing my eyes. I soaked it all in like a sponge. I felt like this the Spirit was tangible. I ended up bearing my testimony as well in church. I testified of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I said that the Spirit had again witnessed to me today of that fact. Right after I sat down the Bishop got up and said, "Elder Gowans, add my testimony to yours on that list." My testimony increased so much yesterday in regards to the Book of Mormon, and of Joseph Smith. I also know that God knows me and my desires. Now I know why every time I have been on a bus or train in the past while I have been pulling out my Book of Mormon wanting to read. I didn't know why at first but now I know. I know it was to help me finish reading that book by this Sunday. I needed to have it read so I could bear testimony of the Book of Mormon to these ward members. And by doing that I could also increase my testimony. What a special experience.

I love being a missionary. This week, to be honest, was not all great. People with dates dropped us. The one really solid person we have is M**. She does not live in our boundaries so we have to give her away anyways. But she went to church yesterday and loved it. I have taught her most of the lessons. The worth of souls is great and it doesn't matter if it is me or other missionaries that are teaching her. The one other person who is progressing is D***. She wants so badly to be baptized. We got word this morning that her dad says no. I can't understand why. Why does all of our hard work seem to be turning into nothing? I am confused, frustrated and at a lost right now. But I do know that not working hard will only make matters worse. So we will just get back at it and hit the streets.

I love you all so very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment