Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 22

Family and friends!
It has been so good to be able to hear from a lot of you. I am doing so well here in Edinburgh.  We are having such a good time even though it is way colder here than in Dundee. Elder Elton and I are such good friends already. Did you read in my letter last week that we are both closely related? We are having such a fun time.

Monday. P-day. We went and played frisbee and rugby with other missionaries from our district. The APs and ZLs.

Tuesday. We went on exchanges with the ZLs, which is always a good time! I was with Elder Peacock form Watford! We had such a good time. He has only been out for about a year. We worked all day finding. It rained the entire day. All is well!

Wednesday. Elder Elton and I spend the day finding and teaching our investigators.

Thursday was a crazy day. I will not go into details but this was one of the weirdest days of my mission.

Friday we taught some of our friends and then later on we had a huge hail and snowstorm. It was so cool! In the evening we went and ate at some hotpot, Chinese food, with our Chinese friends.

Saturday was another day of finding and teaching our investigators.

Sunday. We had no one at church. It was a Chinese holiday. It was the Lantern festival. All is well. We are looking to change that this week and our goal is 8 at church.

Today! - Such a good day! Our friend Allison form China texted us and said she bought us tickets to the Edinburgh Zoo!!! We left early this morning. After the zoo we went and ate at a place called ‘Calle Doink’. This place serves haggis, Scottish food, and pork. It was really yummy place. We then went to Calton Hill. I will send pictures. Then we ended our p-day by going to a museum. It was a great day. I love my mission so much! Time is flying by. I really don’t like that fact. I am starving myself and just freezing my fingers to the literal bone.

I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us. In the mission field you realize how much time you spent your entire life so far by trying to be apart of the world. But now when you ask your self is this true happiness? Ask yourself if what you are doing is bringing you closer to the Saviour? If it is not brining you closer then you need to repent. Repentance is what will bring you true happiness. It is as simple as that. Yes, the journey will be hard at times. Yes, it will be long at times but the joy and comfort you feel when you are pleasing God by walking in His path is the feeling we should all be aiming for. John 14:26. I promise that as we come to know our Saviour and walk His path then you will have true happiness. Your decisions in life become simple and you become happy.

Elder Gowans



No comments:

Post a Comment