Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 24

Last P day we went to the beach with one of our investigators. Allison! We had a really fun time. I got to wear some normal clothes for the first time and run around. We had so much fun. After that we went and taught some investigators. It was then that I realized that our phone was missing? We were so stressed to think that our phone as gone. Elder Elton and I went into the bathroom and said a little prayer. We came out and taught the lesson and to our amazement our phone was found! All is well! Everything that we prayed for, besides the phone, was answered... It may sound like a weird and interesting story but the power of prayer is real! 

We have some new investigators that we are teaching. Ting Ting is one of those. Sadly she could not make it to church this past Sunday. She has a date set for the 15th of March.

Saturday was the last day of a Holiday so we were finally able to teach a lot of our investigators. We were able to help them solve some of there concerns. We are happy to see that they are all progressing!

Sophie- 8th of March 
Ainy - Possibly for the 8th or the 15th.
Echo- Possibly for the 8th or the 15th.
Renne- Likely the 15th. 
Ting Ting- Likely the 15th. 
Allison- No date yet. 
Juan Xin- No date yet.
Tom - No date yet.

Sunday was such a good day! It was Elder Elton’s Birthday. When he fell to sleep the night before, I got up and decorated our hallway that leads into our living room. He had received some stuff for his birthday from his girlfriend. I stayed up late at night trying to tie stupid ballon knots! When he woke up, he walked in the living room and was really confused. I then sprayed him with silly string. It was so funny! Elton then made a Chocolate cake for us. We ate it for breakfast... Oops. After breakfast we went to church.  We had five of our investigators there. Sophie, Ainy, Allison, Echo, and Tom. It was a good sacrament meeting.

After church Elder Elton’s friends from Glasgow came to see him. After meeting with them we went and did some finding. For tea that night Allison made us some hot pots and some other Chinese food. After tea we had some more of the chocolate cake and had a small party for Elton. It was a good day.

This week should be a great week. We need to meet with all of our investigators to prepare them for there baptisms. It is also now important for us to find new investigators to teach!

I am reading the Old testament for the first time in my life. I am in Leviticus. I am actually enjoying it! I told you a while back that Becky Keogh, in Dundee, bought me a mini quad. The other set I have is from when I was  eight years old. This set of scriptures will be the set I keep in the flat to use for my study. I had a tartan case made to cover it. It is actually the first sweet thing that I have ever created that is artsy!

I don’t ever remember a time in my life where I didn’t know that I was going serve a mission. I have always known. Since I was a wee lad I knew I wanted to be a missionary. I wanted to go to England just like my dad. I wanted to be a great missionary like him. I knew that I would need to work hard to be a great missionary. Then there was a time just before my mission where I started to doubt. I started to wonder why I needed to go on a mission. I wasn’t for sure if it would help me. Over that period of time God helped me realize again, in my own way, that I needed to go. I went to England for the first three weeks of my mission. Now, I am in the better part of the UK! I am in Scotland! I have been working hard for almost 6 months now. I have been doing what I know I need to do to be successful.

I will definitely always hold my first area, Dundee, close to my heart. I will miss the dock right outside our flat. I will miss the people that hated me because I would ask them if they wanted to know more about Jesus Christ. I will always miss the noises in Dundee. I will miss the weather in Dundee. I will miss it all.

Now Edinburgh is the same for me! I love this place! It is so beautiful here! Transfers are just under two weeks away. It’s crazy! Thank you for teaching me that missions change lives! It has changed mine!

I love you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment